The Snoqualmie Valley YMCA will offer a 5-week “Mini Session” of After School enrichment programs on-site at Timber Ridge Elementary School from August 31st–September 30th between the hours of “End of School”–6:00pm, Monday–Friday. With YMCA Enrichment Programs, kids make the most of their after school time with active learning opportunities designed to engage and expand young minds. Choose from a menu of multi-week experiences taught by caring, certified staff like sports, arts and other hands-on learning activities!
Includes early release days. Does not include no school days.REGISTRATION FORM
Choose from these enrichment programs:
- All Sorts of Sports – Sports, sports, and more sports! Play traditional sports such as; basketball, soccer, football. Or get wild and wacky with, kisketball, bump, and capture the flag.
- Art 101 – Students are encouraged to explore and develop their artistic side. Learn art working with textures and patterns using clay, collage, water colors and more. We will also use our art to connect with artists. Skills will improve as they work with new medi-ums!
- Blend It – Blend away as we make a new food creation each week using a blender!
- Cardio Blast – Get active with Cardio Blast! Each week, we will be playing various running and tagging games to get kids active and moving.
- Cartoon College – Ever wonder where cartoonists learned to draw? Well, in cartoon college we will learn some of the basics of this hilarious art
- Claymation – Time to use your hands and be creative! Clay will be used throughout the session as kids use their creativity and imagination through sculpture and painting.
- Cool Cooperatives – Gain skills, build confidence and strengthen the team as you play a variety of teambuilding games
- Dodgeball – Enjoy a classic elementary school game while learning new variations to play with friends!
- Drawing 101 – Want to learn how to draw or beef up on your drawing skills? We will learn different techniques and figures each week.
- Duct Tape Art – Duct tape can create some of the coolest art pieces and functional art. Bring your creativity and tape ripping skills to this fun and inventive class.
- Experiments- Mania – It is going to get WILD! Each week you will conduct a variety of experiments from the wonders of gravity, sound, light, to optical illusions.
- Fitness Challenge – Challenge your fitness each week by building your strength and endurance through a variety of activities.
- Gym Games – Join us in the gym for endless fun and get your heart rate up at the same time! Activities may include obstacle courses, bas-ketball, dodgeball, relays, tag, and so much more.
- Game Creation – Want to learn to plan, design, and create your own board or card game from scratch? This class is just right for you. Bring on your game!
- Get Crafty – Join us for a class full of crafts using different material and supplies for each project each week.
- Lego Time – The little blocks that bring out creativity. Have fun creating and being challenged while building a variety of projects.
- Master of Mazes – Concentrate on brain games, mazes and so much more. Create new mazes, try friends mazes and create mazes as a group.
- No Bake Delights – Make It But No Need To Bake It! All recipes require zero use of an oven! Learn to make fun and somewhat healthy snacks you can make at home for your family and friends.
- Outdoor Games – Get outside and learn and play the best outdoor games. Bring them back to friends and family for hours of outdoor fun
- Running Club – Join Y staff to learn about running techniques as well as practicing running endurance.
- Think Tank – Expand your brain and challenge yourself each week by solving riddles, Sudoku, mazes, puzzles, crosswords, hidden pictures and much more as well as a time for them to do their homework.
- We-Mix-A lot – Are there so many classes the Y offers you don’t know which ones to choose! Well, you are in luck! Each week we will do an activity from one of the classes we offer each week. We will experiment, create, write, play, build , and so much more. Join us for weeks of endless fun!
- You’re It! – Learn new variations of a recess classic tag games, from plain old tag to blob tag and even everybody’s it tag.
- Zentangles – Who knew art could be so calming, your child will create zentangles and color different zentagles to create cool pictures.
Download the YMCA Kids University Registration form and view the schedule HERE.
Everyone is welcome. Financial assistance is available. YMCA membership not required for participation.