Thank you to everyone who attended our October 4th general meeting. For those who could not make it, here is a brief summary:
- We approved a Mission Statement for the Timber Ridge Elementary PTSA, which will help guide us as we make clear goals and decisions: “Timber Ridge Elementary School PTSA’s mission is to work collaboratively with parents, staff, students and the greater community to enhance the educational experience and emotional well-being of every child.”
- The proposed changes to the Standing Rules passed unanimously.
- We adopted a new budget for 2016-17 based on our current financial outlook, prior to any large fundraising. The budget is available for review by any PTSA member upon request.
- Committee Chairs reported on the following:
- F.A.C.E. (Family and Community Engagement) – Announced Parent’s Night Out on November 5th, 6-9pm at Sigillo Cellars, and reminded parents to please support the local businesses offering Restaurants Give Back programs.
- Membership – Our current membership total is 308 members, and there will be a 2nd round of call for membership to try to reach our goal of 100% participation.
- 501(c)3 Status – As we are currently applying for non-profit 501(c)3 status, we are not yet recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization, therefore we cannot promote “tax-deductible” donations and corporate matching.
- Fundraising – A “Pass the Hat” fundraiser will be the one big fundraiser this year for the Timber Ridge PTSA and be held in lieu of a Walk-A-Thon or Auction. Kick-off will be October 19th and run through October 28th. Details to come.
- Enrichment – Until permission is granted by the district to hold after-school activities on-site at Timber Ridge, all enrichment activities are currently only offered directly through the YMCA.
- Volunteer – There are 4 main volunteer needs posted on signup.com for the month of October. Also, volunteer forms turned in to the front office must be accompanied by a photocopy of the applicant’s Driver’s License or Valid ID.
At the end of the meeting, President Janell Wickersham provided an opportunity for the members to ask questions. The following topics were discussed:
- Ski Bus this winter? Maybe, if enough parents willing to volunteer.
- Next steps for committees from sign-up forms at September’s Curriculum Night? Volunteer Coordinator Corinne will be using the lists to create Committees on signup.com and notifying members.
- Training on office equipment and security badges for volunteers? Stay tuned, waiting on technology, hopefully soon.
- Spirit Wear? Once a logo has been created, there will be an online store for spirit wear (T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.) which will not be a PTSA fundraiser.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:52pm.
The date of our next general meeting has not yet been determined but will likely be in late November or early December.